Protection Cover of Health－Comprehensive Health Care
Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
Besides building a safe, healthy, and LOHAS workplace, GIGABYTE pays attention to the daily problems our employees would face and their needs for psychological counseling. We partner with external organizations to provide advanced counseling services about mental, legal, and financial issues. Employees can take part in confidential consultations through the dedicated website, information hotline, and e-mails. In 2022, EAP conducted 355 consultation sessions with an average satisfaction rating of 4.4 (out of 5).
GIGABYTE also regularly provides topical columns and related seminars in response to situations that employees may encounter in life or at work. A total of 16 topical support e-newsletters and EDMs were distributed in 2022, along with 11 sessions of stress management workshops, outdoor recreation, concerts and other activities. We hope to make EAP a part of employees’ work and life and would enhance their happiness and positive energy to embrace the future.
Gender Friendly Workplace
Women account for nearly half of the GIGABYTE workforce. The “Workplace Maternal Health Protection Plan” was therefore formulated by GIGABYTE to promote facilities and systems more friendly to female employees and maternal health in the workplace. In 2022, GIGABYTE received the Excellent Enterprise Award for Gender Equality in Taoyuan City for promoting the fulfillment of CSR and gender equality policy.
- Establish maternal protection measures. Dedicated nursing personnel regularly contact and care for pregnant employees.
- Provide a “GIGA-baby Gift Pack” to employees who give birth to a baby. It included 6 practical baby products.
Both the Headquarters and Nanping Factory set up nursery rooms, which locations are clearly marked and on main passageways. The Access is via swipe card for the safety of pregnant women and mothers. The rooms are equipped with refrigerators, basins, sofas, and heaters to provide female employees with a convenient and comfortable space.
The use times of nursey rooms in 2022: 2,679
- Additional childcare subsidies were introduced in 2021. Employees with children under 2 years old and with Taiwanese citizenship can receive NTD 3,000 per child every month. The employee may also apply for 2 hours of flex time.
- GIGABYTE signs contracts with qualified kindergartens nearby and provides subsidies in order to make employees convenient to drop off and pick up children.
Considering that the parking space around the Headquarters is limited, GIGABYTE sets up priority motorcycle parking exclusively for pregnant employees to avoid their risk exposures from looking for parking outside. This also loosens their stresses of getting to the office on time.
Application for Parental Leave with and without Pay
GIGABYTE provides female employees with a variety of statutory parental leave options, including:
- Maternity leave: A certain number of days of paid or unpaid leave is provided before birth, after birth, or for miscarriages, upon the submission of a birth certificate or certificate of diagnosis issued by a hospital.
- Prenatal checkup leave: Employees may apply for up to 7 days of paid prenatal checkup leave during pregnancy when they provide proof of clinic attendance.
- Tocolysis leave: An employee may apply for tocolysis leave during pregnancy when they provide a doctor’s certificate of diagnosis; salary is calculated as sick leave.
Male employees may apply for up to 7 days of paid prenatal checkup leave or paternity leave during their spouse’s pregnancy. The Maternal Health Booklet, a certificate issued by hospitals, or a birth certificate can be used as supporting documentation when applying.
Employees may also apply for family leave if they must personally care for a family member. Salary is calculated as personal leave.
Return Rate of Parental Leave in 2022